Virtual PLIX workshops!

Hi there! Have any of you run virtual workshops with any of the PLIX programs? We haven’t been cleared for in-house programming yet, so I have a virtual PLIX Inflatables class scheduled soon. I’d love to hear your experiences!

1 Like

I haven’t yet but plan to run a couple this winter/spring which will be a combination of take & make, online videos and drop in virtual workshops. I’m 50/50 excited and overwhelmed. The two I’m focusing on are beautiful symmetry and inflatables.

1 Like

I did an inflatables workshop online with 1st/2nd Graders, it was a little chaotic but fun! I think its essential that you have adults on the other side (parents/teachers/etc) who can help facilitate for the younger kids. Its also an exercise in helping adults use creative learning skills!

3 Likes

Yay, that’s exactly what I am planning- a virtual Inflatables workshop for elementary aged kids. I definitely agree it’s important for parents to be around for that one, especially if they’re using an iron. :joy:

I’m packing take-home kits with mylar, straws, pipe cleaners, paper, tape, glitz, etc. And the zines and activity cards, of course! How did you handle your supplies?

1 Like

Oh, and I found a great easy source for mylar that is clean and “ready to go”- party supply shops! I have a coworker who used to work at one, and they happily gave me a huge trash bag full of slightly defective mylar balloons (and they said I could have tons more if I wanted some).

4 Likes

I coordinated take-home kits with the teacher, who was doing 1/2 remote 1/2 in person at the time! We did the modified version without heat though, so we didn’t circulate irons. But we still gave out mylar (along with paper and plastic alternatives) so they could get the feel for the activity, even if the seal was made using tape.

1 Like