What’s most enjoyable/challenging about the activity?
- The most challenging part has been to get the staff of the library excited about the Space Food activity. We have a monthly Saturday STEAM activity and they did not want to use Space Food for this. Instead I am using it for a weekly activity.
- The most enjoyable part so far was showing one of the kids an example that I made and he finally “got it” and I could see the wheels turning.
Share your ideas for running the activity in your library/community
- I have presented the idea and the one handout regarding challenges of eating in Space. I will lay out the kit materials on Monday and show the part of the video of the Space Station tour. I will send the kids home with materials and have them create and bring their ideas and creations back the following week.
Next steps / questions you have
- I want to use the Zine and need to make sure that I am folding it correctly! Help Avery!
- If anyone has any pictures of Space Food please post to forum. I saw a post but the pictures did not show up.
- Any ideas for younger kids? We have a wide range of ages.