Join us! >> Facilitating Creative Learning Workshop Nov. 17 & 18, 2020

Hey everyone! I know we have discussed our upcoming November workshop in the past, and I’m popping in to let you know our event website and application are both LIVE! More info below. We hope to see many of you there!

Also: deeefinitely invite your colleagues! We are working to make sure there are lots of new faces at this workshop. :slight_smile:

The PLIX team is thrilled to host our first Creative Learning Facilitation Workshop in collaboration with our nearby Cambridge (MA) Public Library. These two half-days of interactive professional development will give you the practical experience you’ll need to facilitate creative STEAM programming, including PLIX activities, for your patrons!

The Details

• Who is this workshop for? Public library professionals interested in creative learning and STEM/STEAM programming.
  • When is it? November 17 & 18, 2020 from 12–5pm each day.
  • What can I expect? Delve into creative learning and hone your facilitation skills by collaborating on hands-on projects… remotely! You’ll also get to know the PLIX team, the Cambridge team, and the ~75 other public librarians in attendance. :wave:
  • Where will it happen? This workshop will be completely online. We hope you are safe and healthy, wherever you may be! :computer:
  • Why should I participate? As more librarians are asked to lead educational programs with emerging technologies, we think it’s important not just to get technology into the hands of patrons, but to cultivate an environment for patrons to experiment and create with technology.

We welcome participation from PLIX community members, friends of PLIX, or any librarians or library staff who are excited about creative learning and STEAM education in libraries. Applications are due by November 2nd and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We can’t wait to meet you!

6 Likes

If we are selected to attend, will be agreeing to do anything specific, like for example offer a certain number of workshops within a year? Thanks! I just discovered PLIX and am excited to become involved in the community!

1 Like

Hi Phyllis, you will not be required to offer any certain # of workshops! Thank you for joining! We’re happy to have you here and hope to see you at the November workshop. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! I feel like I have found my people! I have been doing STEM in libraries for over 20 years and am always discovering something new. I am very interested in learning if anyone has adapted the Urban Ecology unit to an online/take and make environment during the Covid pandemic and what recommendations they have. That is my goal for spring! I am going to approach my administration to get permission to apply. Hope to see you in November!

2 Likes

@pdavislibrarian, nice to meet you here and I hope you can make it to the November workshop! My colleague and I will both be attending and we are also interested in adapting the Urban Ecology unit to the online environment to offer in 2021. I’d love to share ideas and do some collaborative planning!

1 Like