ALSC Proposal from PLIX (Due Tues 2pm EST)

Heya,
Today’s meeting inspired a submission to ASLC 2022, whose deadline is tomorrow! We’re going to meet and throw something together, with the intention of a more focused and goal-based directive towards conference outreach in the future. Info below:

Alessandra Affinito is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: ALSC Conference Proposal
Time: Nov 22, 2021 04:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 777 8279 1430
Passcode: j5X95j

4 Likes

Hi All! We’d love your input and suggestions on this ALSC program proposal we put together this afternoon. If you could add edits/comments/suggestions by tomorrow at 2 EST, then @aaffinito can get it all submitted.

If any of you are really bummed that you weren’t part of this today, and are really passionate about participating, please drop a comment here or put a note in the draft proposal. We figure the panelist list is pretty flexible, but need to get this in quick!

4 Likes

Fantastic work, team! I was impressed with how quickly you wrote by committee, especially given the different modes everyone used to join: one with only audio, another without a mic!

@aaffinito thanks for bring this up to the group and for inviting the PLIX community into the process.

3 Likes

I popped my bio in there; it was a great meeting! Thanks for giving me details aurally since I was in ATL traffic! :rofl:

1 Like

We received a response this morning, and unfortunately it was a no. There are other opportunities, as listed below.

On behalf of the ALSC National Institute Planning Task Force and the Program Coordinating Committee, thank you for submitting a program proposal to the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) for the 2022 ALSC National Institute in Kansas City, Missouri.

The review process for 2022 Institute program proposals has been a delicate and challenging task for the Program Coordinating Committee. The work was very difficult because of the large number of high-quality proposals received. I am sorry to inform you that your proposal was not one of those accepted.

Please consider reformatting your program as a possible ALSC online learning opportunity or article in Children and Libraries , the association’s journal. ALSC is always looking to highlight the quality work and research of members.

On behalf of the ALSC National Institute Task Force and Program Coordinating Committee, thank you for your submission and your continued support of ALSC. If you have any questions, please contact Tara Phethean, Program Coordinating Committee co-chair, tphethean@briarcliffschools.org, or Sarah Polen, ALSC Program Officer, at spolen@ala.org.

:sob: Ah well! I’d be happy to go forward with one of their online learning options, or just keep pugging along and applying to others!